Position Listing – Development Manager
Full Time Exempt, 40 hrs. per week
- Manages Gateway’s development program: researching and cultivating individual, institutional, corporate, and public donors; write grant proposals; manage correspondence with donors and sponsors, maintaining donor records via development software.
- Works with Director and Advisory Committee to develop goals and strategies for all fundraising campaigns.
- Conceptualizes and creates annual fundraising plan and fundraising reports.
- Manages timelines for fundraising campaigns and special events.
- Develops and implements stewardship plan to cultivate strategic donor relationships on an ongoing basis.
- Works with staff to develop compelling stories of the impact of donors’ gifts
- Assists with coordinating the organization’s strategic plan and public reports
Special Event Coordination
- Plans and implements special events to maximize donor and community engagement.
- Develops goals and strategies for special events, ensures goals are met, and budgets approved are adhered to.
- Solicits support from businesses and individuals in the form of event sponsorships, in-kind donations, discounts, and gifts.
Community Relations Coordination
- Identifies, implements, and manages community relations projects that intersect with Gateway Arts’ development goals.
- Fosters community relations through events and involvement in local initiatives.
- Coordinates with the Gateway Advisory Committee by maintaining regular correspondence on upcoming and current events, successes, and challenges; transcribing and distributing meeting minutes; and collaborating with Committee members on special projects.
- Coordinates with Vinfen on fundraising projects, marketing, and events.
The candidate must be passionate about advancing the mission of Gateway Arts with respect to working on behalf of individuals with disabilities interested in pursuing careers in the arts.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2-5 years’ relevant experience
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing and implementing cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Demonstrated track record researching and writing grants
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously and ensure follow-through
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team setting, as well as independently
- Willingness to work occasional weekend and evening events
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office, eTapestry, and Adobe Suite design software preferred.
$50,000-$60,000 annual salary
Very good health and fringe benefits
Please send a resume and cover letter to
Gregory Liakos, Director of Gateway Arts